After a nearly two-year hiatus during which three-quarters of the band pursued solo projects, The Killers regrouped in their Las Vegas studio in May 2011 to record their fourth album, Battle Born. Today, they debuted a new song from that set, out September 18, “Runaways.”
“Runaways” heralds no tectonic shift in sound. It’s another arena-sized slice of the kind of widescreen synth rock The Killers slay in their sleep, though it’s closer to Sam’s Town than Day & Age. Their love of Springsteen remains unabashed (check that Boss of a chorus), though a prominent riff reveals that at least one member in the band must also be a fan of Asia’s “Heat Of The Moment.” Pop at its most epic.
The Killers – Battle Born is out September 18 via Island Records. Watch the album’s official trailer.
- December 15 2012 The Killers Are Here Again The Killers‘ tour may be temporarily sidelined by Brandon Flowers’ l ... 0 Comments Comments | Video Premiere
- December 11 2012 The Killers Return To The Brightside It would seem that The Killers’ tour performance video for second Battle B ... 1 Comment Comments | Video Premiere
- December 04 2012 The Killers vs. Kris Kringle Just as Santa Claus reliably hitches his reindeer to his sleigh every December 2 ... 1 Comment Comments | Video Premiere
- November 05 2012 Performance Issues Continuing down a path forged in the music video for “Runaways,” the ... 1 Comment Comments | Video Premiere
- July 26 2012 Running Into The Red The Killers have premiered the music video for “Runaways,” the first ... 1 Comment Comments | Video Premiere