Canadian singer-songwriter Carly Rae Jepsen dials up a direct line to my heart with her debut U.S. single, “Call Me Maybe.” The bubblegummy tune hits my strings-lovin’ pop sweet spot, with disco-ish plucks and swirls that were love at first listen.
In the music video for “Call Me Maybe,” Jepsen comes off like a dark-haired Taylor Swift as she pines for the chiseled hunk next door. The clip features a thoroughly modern twist that’s super-cute too.
“Call Me Maybe” appears on Jepsen’s sophomore release, Curiosity, an EP yet unreleased in the States. The 2007 Canadian Idol third-place finisher was recently signed to Schoolboy Records, the label run by Justin Bieber’s manager, Scooter Braun, so you best ‘belieb’ there are much bigger plans afoot.
- March 04 2013 Carly Rae Reznor This is why I still love mashups. Carly Rae Jepsen and Nine Inch Nails have to b ... 0 Comments Comments | Monster Mash
- October 28 2012 ‘This Kiss’ Is Zero Risk Fresh off her performance of “This Kiss” on The Late Show with David ... 0 Comments Comments | Video Premiere
- September 10 2012 Don’t Miss ‘This Kiss’ Carly Rae Jepsen has released “This Kiss,” the follow-up single to h ... 1 Comment Comments | Track of the Moment
- August 13 2012 Maybe One Last Mashup I don’t know if it’s a good or bad thing that two songs currently bo ... 0 Comments Comments | Monster Mash
- June 21 2012 Call Me May… Er, What Was I Saying Agai ... Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Call Me Maybe” is #1 on the Billboard Hot ... 0 Comments Comments | Interweb & Beyond