With the veteran ’80s band performing along live, Aoki debuted his New York Werewolf Mix of Duran Duran’s 1982 smash, “Hungry Like The Wolf.” The crowd ate it up, even welcoming some layer cakes to the face, thrown by Aoki (a loose tie to the gum brand’s Layers line extension).
As for the remix, it’s surprisingly good. Turns out you can teach an old wolf some new tricks.
Also attending that night? Solange Knowles, looking fabulous as ever.
Free download of Steve Aoki vs. Duran Duran – “Hungry Like The Wolf” (The New York Werewolf Mix), while supplies last.
- April 26 2013 Something (Not) Borrowed Noticing that Duran Duran drummer Roger Taylor turns 53 today, I immediately tho ... 0 Comments Comments | Friday Flashback
- November 18 2011 Yes, yes, ‘Notorious’ Thanks to Slicing Up Eyeballs, I was reminded that it was exactly 25 years ago t ... 0 Comments Comments | Friday Flashback
- November 09 2011 Beauty And The Beat It’s not overstatement to say that Duran Duran‘s All You Need Is Now ... 1 Comment Comments | Video Premiere
- October 23 2011 Cassettes Won’t Listen covers Duran Dur ... Released in early 1993, “Ordinary World” served as a resuscitory jol ... 0 Comments Comments | Cover Story
- August 13 2011 Free Weekend: Download these MP3s Here’s this week’s roundup of legit, free MP3s that are yours for th ... 0 Comments Comments | Free MP3s