In the book, published earlier this month, Ditto details her life growing up in rural Judsonia, Arkansas, where squirrels were prized as food and fashion accessories. Finding a home in the punk scene as a teen, she ditched Judsonia after high school for Olympia, Washington, embracing the riot grrrl movement. There, she eventually formed Gossip with longtime pals and fellow Arkansas refugees, Nathan “Brace Paine” Howdeshell and Kathy Mendonca.
I’ve only read the first chapter of Coal To Diamonds, excerpted below, but can’t wait to devour the whole thing from cover to cover. I hope Ditto remembered to mention her love for Madonna as she was writing the book.
- February 18 2013 Gossip Gets Back To Work After honoring our nation’s presidents yesterday — you did that, rig ... 0 Comments Comments | Video Premiere
- November 24 2012 Gossip Goes Long Last week, Gossip released the A Perfect World RMX EP, collecting nine remixes o ... 0 Comments Comments | Saturdance
- August 25 2012 Into The Gossip Groove Once mighty UK music magazine NME begs to differ, but for my money, Gossip‘ ... 2 Comments Comments | Saturdance
- May 22 2012 Black, White, and Read All Over Gossip have debuted the video for “Move In The Right Direction,” the ... 3 Comments Comments | Track of the Moment, Video Premiere
- May 07 2012 A ‘Perfect’ Remix I was frustrated to discover on Friday that The Guardian‘s stream of Gossi ... 2 Comments Comments | Free MP3s