On the electropop duo’s Welcome 2 The Underground EP, Jared Selter’s jagged guitar underlines Isla Cheadle’s entreaties to the target of her affection. O’Dell files down those rough edges and places them off in the distance, while adding touches of exotic instrumentation for a remix that shimmers like heat radiating from desert sands.
If you’re in or around the Pacific Northwest, look for Purple Crush on tour with Blow Pony and Leslie Hall beginning at the end of the month. Dates are on the duo’s website.
- December 26 2012 Purple Crush’s 5 Favorite Tracks/EPs of ... In 2012, electropop duo Purple Crush continued to promote their Welcome 2 The U ... 0 Comments Comments | Best of 2012
- October 14 2012 Purple Crush Touched For The Very First Time Last night, I saw Madonna live for the seventh time, taking in the first of her ... 1 Comment Comments | Cover Story
- September 13 2012 Purple Crush covers Madonna Following up their superb cover of Madonna’s “Live To Tell,” e ... 3 Comments Comments | Cover Story
- August 23 2012 Darren Criss, Purple Crush cover Madonna As much as MDNA has its moments (“Gang Bang,” “I’m Addic ... 3 Comments Comments | Cover Story
- May 19 2012 Remix Roundup Rather than spotlight a single remix or package today, I’m instead offerin ... 0 Comments Comments | Free MP3s, Saturdance